Each player takes on a unique role in the complex global landscape. Each role allows specific decisions, requires responsibility, offers space to develop creative strategies and to cooperate with other participants. The game thus not only simulates the complexity of the global system but also triggers new ideas which can affect the real world.
Adaptation and implementation of Sustainable Development Goals spearheaded by United Nations as Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Players confront the challenges of achieving the global goals and develop competencies to do so.
- Players identify interdependencies of actions in pursuit of the goals across policies, regions and time.
- Players explore various strategies on the way to a sustainable future.
- Players learn how to promote and integrate technological and social innovations to achieve the goals.
- Players recognize negotiating patterns and develop skills for effective communication and collaboration.
- Players realise what contribution you can make to reach the global goals.
The World’s Future Game is developed in collaboration with the RISK program at IIASA and Center for Systems Solution as part of the “Systems Thinking for Transformation” (Systrans) project.
Number of players
Number of moderators