As with all human activities, progress comes with a price. The further in the game the players get, the more difficult it becomes. Will they try to multiply their personal wealth or rather work for the public good? Will they exploit the coal deposits and gamble with the climate change? Or maybe they will play it “green”?
New Shores is a game about experimenting with different strategies while negotiating, cooperating or competing with other players who are not always sympathetic to your cause.
Climate change in the context of democracy.
- Players learn and explore practices that promote sustainability.
- Players discover correlation between greenhouse gases and climate change.
- Players learn the mechanics of how the climate change happens.
- Players learn skills for effective communication and collaboration.
- Players practice strategic and leadership skills.
- Players set and align goals, negotiate conditions and coordinate actions.
New Shores is based on the Climate Game that has been played in Poland, China, Hungary and in many other countries, as part of many workshops focused on sustainability and climate change.
Number of players
Number of moderators
One computer or tablet per each player or team of players, with current version of Google Chrome browser installed.