- Participants are divided into teams of five people. Each team is given a base map of the imaginary region. The game ill depict the next 20-year of the region’s development.
- The game has 5 stages. At the beginning of every stage teams are given scenarios of events. Players in teams must then discuss the topics and make critical decisions to deal with the problem.
- At the end of every stage, teams are presented with the next map showing the results of their decisions.
- At the end of the whole game participants have already decided the future of their region and can observe their previous decisions’ outcomes.
Future iQ®’s unique Future Game is a premium quality future planning simulation tool. It provides stakeholders with a dynamic Gaming experience rewarding collaboration, innovation and teamwork. An in-depth debrief at the end of the game enables participants to apply the learning from the Game to their own decision making and planning.
- highlights the importance of careful planning in assisting organizations to awaited future
- recognises the most important factors in region policy making process: social, environmental, and economic factors
- increases skills in collaborating, cooperation and debate
- stimulates strategic future thinking and planning, and integrates external trends to local decision-making.
- teaches how decisions that seem sensible in the short-term, may have the potential to play out in unpredictable ways
- trains in leadership and management
Number of players
Number of moderators
Maps, printouts with informations